As we get ready to launch the 5th generation of the XPS 13 developer edition and our expanded line of Ubuntu-based Precision workstations, I wanted to provide a look back.
Below is a video of a presentation I delivered last month at the UbuCon summit. UbuCon was a part of the the Southern California Linux Expo (SCaLE) and the presentation covers the genesis of project Sputnik and the lessons learned along the way.
[Note there is a minute or two of dead air at the beginning before we start. The audio kicks in at 2:48:13]
Reference: The 5 lessons we learned
- Get a champion, be a champion – You need someone high up to go to bat for you. You must be ever vigilant
- Leverage, execute – Doesn’t matter if it’s not your idea, delivery is what counts
- Start small – Don’t over promise, err on the side of caution
- Be human/humble – Speak directly and be transparent. Don’t write anyone off too soon
- No one is perfect – It’s not if you’re going to screw up, it’s how you recover when you do
Pau for now…
Can you provide a time for when your presentation starts in that video? I eagerly await the 5th edition and would love to watch it.
Thanks for the heads up. I just added a note above “[Note there is a minute or two of dead air at the beginning before we start. The audio kicks in at 2:48:13]”. Let me know if you have any issues.