Last week we held Dell’s first Dell World event here in Austin, Texas. The two-day event was targeted at CxOs and IT professionals and featured an expo, panels and speakers such as CEOs Mark Benioff, Paul Otellini, Steve Ballmer and Paul Maritz as well as former CIO of the United States, Vivek Kundra. And of course, being Austin, it also featured a lot of great music and barbeque.
At the end of the first day Michael Cote grabbed sometime with me and we talked about the event.
Some of the ground I cover:
- Dell World overview and our Modular Data Center
- (3:35) Talking to press/analysts about our new Web|Tech vertical and our focus on developers
- (6:00) The event’s attempt to up-level the conversation rather than diving into speeds, feeds and geeky demos.
The Dell Modular Data Center on the expo floor (photo: Yasushi Osonoi:@osonoi)
(double click to see full sized)
Extra Credit reading
- Silicon Angle: Dell Gets It – Developers are the new Kingmakers
- Time lapse Video: Dell’s Modular Data Center powers Bing Maps
- Video: A Walk-through of Dell’s Modular Data Center
Pau for now…