To close out my series of interviews from last week’s Structure conference in San Francisco, below is the chat I had with Data Center Knowledge‘s founder and editor, Rich Miller. Last week’s event was the 4th Structure conference that Rich attended and I got his thoughts on some of the hot topics.
Some of the ground Rich covers
- How the discussion of cloud has evolved over the last four years
- (1:21) Rich’s thoughts on OpenFlow and the networking space
- (2:25) Reflections on the next-gen server/chip discussion and the companies on the panel: SeaMicro, Tilera, Calxeda and AMD
- (4:25) Facebook’s OpenCompute project and the new openess in data center design
- Structure: Learning about DevOps & Crowbar from Jesse Robbins
- Structure: Cumulogic, a Java Platform as a Service
- Structure: Why are 1.0 Data Centers suddenly sexy?
- Structure: OpenStack launches Incubation program
Pau for now…