Last week I was out in San Francisco for VentureBeat’s CloudBeat conference. One of the panels I sat in on was “API’s the Key that Unlocks the Cloud.” After it ended I grabbed some time with panelist John Musser, founder of the web’s API directory ProgrammableWeb. John shared his views on APIs past, present and future.
Take a listen.
Some of the ground John covers:
- What is ProgrammableWeb and how did John get into the world of APIs
- How would John describe the modern API and how is different from integration technology of the past?
- What makes a good API and how do you make sure it flourishes? (Time to first “Hello world”)
- Who are doing the best jobs with APIs (spoiler alert: Twilio and Stripe)
- What does the future of APIs hold?
- What’s John’s new gig, “API Science” about?
But wait, there’s more…
Stay tuned for the next week or so as I roll out the rest of the interviews I conducted at CloudBeat. On deck are Linkedin’s use of Dell Boomi and Salesforce, Luke Kanies — Puppet CEO, Joe Arnold – CEO of SwiftStack and Anand Iyengar – Founder of CloudVelocity.
- What is API Management – A Brief Primer – Reality Check
- Making sense of the cloud API war – Search Cloud Computing
Pau for now…