Earlier this week I was out in San Francisco for Venture Beat’s CloudBeat conference. I was asked to moderate a couple of panels and got to talk with a lot of great people doing some pretty cool things.
One person I checked in with was Marten Mickos, CEO of Eucalyptus Systems, who, along with Randy Bias provided the most entertaining session at the conference. If you’re not familiar with it, Eucalyptus provides software for building AWS-compatible private and hybrid clouds. I grabbed Marten before he went on stage and caught up with what Eucalyptus has been up to and what’s next.
Some of the ground Marten covers:
- Its all about AWS compatibility
- They’ve found “Coke” now they’re looking for “Pepsi”, who’s number two?
- The characteristics of the companies that adopt Eucalyptus
- Support Netflix’s open source tools e.g. Chaos Monkey, and Asgard
- What’s up ahead for Eucalyptus, on beyond Walrus with Ceph and Riak CS support
- The Amazon Web Services API debate shows no sign of cooling – VentureBeat
- Technology Trumps Dogma, And Other Open Source Insights – An interview with Marten Mickos – ReadWrite
- The Elastic Cloud: Leading Cloud Stacks Shape API Conversations – Data Center Knowledge
Pau for now…