Take a listen to what the ever-entertaining Steve CP has to say:
Note: As with my interview with Neil of Inktank, I used Youtube’s feature that is supposed to fix an unsteady camera and the result gives the video a hallucinogenic feel (witness the slightly undulating stairs).
Some of the ground Steve covers:
- What is OpenShift and Platform as a Service? How is OpenShift different from other PaaSs?
- OpenShift is “polyglottal:” it supports PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby, Node js and Java (with Java you get JBoss and Tomcat). It also supports MySQL, Postgres and MongoDB right out of the box.
- How they work with APIs and how APIs allow devs to create “situational apps.”
- Steve’s Crystal Ball time: in 3-5 years all developers will be using a PaaS (witness their wins with Ebay/PayPal, Accenture and DoD) + Git + a NoSQL data store.
Reference — The rest of my OSCON interviews:
- OSCON: Talking to Andrew Parker of Puppet labs
- OSCON: AppDynamics and application performance management
- OSCON: Neil Levine of Inktank, sponsor of Ceph
- OSCON: Mark Hinkle on his keynote + Citrix and Open Source
- OSCON: Apigee and APIs
- OSCON: Dell Multi-cloud manager & Dasein Cloud
- Blog: Krishnan Subramanian: Making the Move to OpenShift
- ZDnet: Red Hat opens OpenShift PaaS cloud for business
Pau for now…