Besides interviewing a bunch of people at Hadoop World, I also got a chance to sit on the other side of the camera. On the first day of the conference I got a slot on SiliconANGLE’s the Cube and was interviewed by Dave Vellante, co-founder of Wikibon and John Furrier, founder of SiliconANGLE.
-> Check out the video here.
Some of the ground we cover
- How Dell got into the cloud/scale-out arena and how that lead us to Big Data
- (2:08) The details behind the Dell|Cloudera solution for Apache Hadoop and our “secret sauce,” project crowbar.
- (4:00) Dell’s involvement in and affinity for open source software
- (5:31) Dell’s interest in and strategy around courting developers
- (7:35) Dell’s strategy of Make, Partner or Buy in the cloud space
- (11:10) How real is OpenStack and how is it evolving.
- Open source Crowbar code now available for Hadoop
- How to create a Basic or Advanced Crowbar build for Hadoop
- Now available: Dell | Cloudera solution for Apache Hadoop
Pau for now…