Last but not least in the 10 interviews I conducted while at Hadoop World is my talk with Splunk‘s CTO and co-founder Erik Swan. If you’re not familiar with Splunk think of it as a search engine for machine data, allowing you to monitor and analyze what goes on in your systems. To learn more, listen to what Erik has to say:
Some of the ground Erik covers:
- What is Splunk and what do they do?
- (1:43) The announcement they made at Hadoop world about integrating with Hadoop and what that means.
- (4:25) How Erik and Rob Das got the the idea to get involved in the wacky world of machine data and to create Splunk.
- Splunk connects with Hadoop to master machine data – GigaOm
- Splunk at Hadoop World – Spunk blog
- Splunk to provide integration with Apache Hadoop – Press release
Pau for now…