Dell’s chief architect for big data, Aurelian Dumitru (aka. A.D.) presented a talk at OSCON the week before last with the heady title, “Hadoop – Enterprise Data Warehouse Data Flow Analysis and Optimization.” The session, which was well attended, explored the integration between Hadoop and the Enterprise Data Warehouse. AD posted a fairly detailed overview of his session on his blog but if you want a great high level summary, check this out:
Some of the ground AD covers
- Mapping out the data life cycle: Generate -> Capture -> Store -> Analyze ->Present
- Where does Hadoop play and where does the data warehouse? Where do they overlap?
- Where do BI tools fit into the equation?
- To learn more, check out dell.com/hadoop
- My Blog: Introducing the Dell | Cloudera solution for Apache Hadoop — Harnessing the power of big data
- Whitepaper: Introduction to Hadoop
- Whitepaper: Hadoop Business Cases
- AD’s blog post: Hadoop/EDW Integration session at OSCON 2011