Today at the W hotel in Austin, Dell held its bi-annual analyst summit. Today’s event is the third in a series of analyst functions organized around the theme “Services and Solutions for the Virtual Era.” The first event was held in San Francisco in March of last year and the second came six months later in Boston.
Today’s event was broken into three sections. The first section featured presentations by
- Karen Quintos, SVP and CMO
- Dave Johnston, SVP Corporate Strategy
- Brian Gladden, CFO
- Steve Felice, President, Consumer, Small and Medium Business
- Paul Bell, President, Public and Large enterprise
In the case of Steve and Paul they also each featured a couple of customers on stage.
The second section was a solutions panel moderated by Brad Anderson, SVP of Enterprise solutions and featured members of his team who manage strategy, storage, networking and computing platforms. The final section of the day was also a panel. This featured the GM of Dell China, the head of Dell’s OEM business, Dell’s GM of Public and Large Enterprise in Europe, Middle East and Africa, the head of Dell Channels and the GM of Dell Small and Medium business solutions.
How did we do?
Some of the ground Michael covers:
- What his clients ask him about Dell and what, as a result was he looking for today
- Dell’s focus on solutions and de-emphasis on technology
- Is Dell putting on its big boy pants?
- The value of expanding on Dell’s success in select verticals
Pau for now…