A couple of weeks ago on the show floor of Cloud Computing Expo in Santa Clara I ran into Adam Hawley, Director of product management for Oracle VM. When Adam finished his stint in the Oracle booth he sat down with me to talk about what was going on at Oracle in the world of virtualization and the cloud.
Some of the topics Adam tackles:
- Oracle VM, Oracle’s sever virtualization and management platform, while based on Xen is all Oracle on top of it.
- The Virtual Iron acquisition which is in the process of being incorporated within the Oracle portfolio and is slated for release in 2010.
- The Cloud as a higher level of automation on top of virtualization, compared to what traditional virtualization has provided.
- Where Oracle will play in the cloud space (hint: think private).
- The Oracle assembly builder that Adam was showing off at the show.
- Given Larry’s views on cloud computing, is “cloud” a dirty word at Oracle?
Pau for now…