I first met Chander Kant, CEO of open source cloud back provider Zmanda, last year at the MySQL conference. At that time we did an audio interview. Just like Jonathan, this time around I caught him on “film.”
This is the fourth out of nine interviews I conducted earlier this month at Cloud World/Open Source World.
Some of the things Chander talks about:
- Thanks to open source and the cloud, Zmanda is able to provide “radically simple to use and cost effective” back-up software.
- Zmanda had its roots in a project out the University of Maryland back in ’91.
- How Chander got the idea to build a business around this project.
- How the cloud is a good fit for secondary and tertiary storage.
- Cloud storage is often people’s first foray into the cloud. One reason is the ease of billing.
- Why a publisher moved their storage to the cloud.
But wait there’s more…
Stay tuned for five more interviews from Cloud World/Open Source World coming soon to this URL:
Pau for now…