Last week Rackspace announced the appointment of Lew Moorman as president of Rackspace’s Cloud Computing Efforts. As luck would have it, Lew was attending Web 2.0 and I was able to grab a few minutes of his time to shoot a video. Not only that but as added bonus, recent Rackspace conscript Robert Scoble joined the conversation as well.
To watch in High Quality: after clicking play, click the “HQ” button that will appear on the bottom.
Some of the topics Lew and Robert tackle:
- What does it mean to be president of Rackspace’s computing efforts?
- What’s “building 43” about and what is Robert’s mission at Rackspace?
- How did Rackspace decide on hiring Robert and Rocky?
- Rackspace added to the NASDAQ index (even though they trade on the NYSE)
- Robert asks Lew about Slicehost and Rackspace’s plans there.
- Lew out at Web 2.0 meeting with a lot of developers and looking to help them sell their tools to Rackspace customers.
Pau for now…