At the Rackspace Customer Event the week before last, I caught up with Mosso co-founder Jonathan Bryce. Jonathan walked me through how Mosso, now officially a Rackspace division, got started and where he sees it going.
Take a listen:
Jonathan chillin’ in the Baroque Westin Riverwalk lobby.
Some of the Topics we tackle:
- How while at Rackspace, Jonathan and a buddy moonlighted as web app developers and when they couldn’t find a place to host the apps and sites they developed, they got funding from Rackspace and created Mosso.
- How Mosso was being founded as people were getting burned by the undelivered promises of Utility computing.
- How Jonathan defines cloud computing (hint: it has three layers).
- The characteristics and examples of IaaA, PaaS, SaaS and where Rackspace/Mosso plays.
- The joy of 15 cents a GB per month storage that Mosso will be providing and which Blueprint will be leveraging in our next release.
- The relationship between Rackspace and Mosso and why the Mosso site is so much cooler.
- What role open source plays in the Cloud and Mosso.
If you want to catch Jonathan live, he will be presenting at the Cloud Computing expo in San Jose November 19 – 21.
Pau for now..