Last week I attended the Rackspace customer event down in San Antonio. On the first day of the event I was able to grab sometime with Rackspace’s CEO, Lanham Napier. We chatted about going public, the company’s recent acquisitions and its foray into the cloud via Mosso.
Take a listen:
CFO turned CEO, Lanham Napier (who sounds like someone famous)
Some of the Topics we tackle:
- What does Rackspace do and what’s the company’s ultimate goal.
- Why Rackspace decided to IPO in the choppy seas of August.
- How the company decided on SliceHost and JungleDisk as acquisition targets
- Rackspace’s two service sets, Managed Hosting and Cloud Hosting, and what’s the difference (Blueprint utilizes both)
- Lanham’s thoughts on Microsoft’s Cloud announcement and the relationship between the two companies.
But wait, there’s more
Pau for now…