Last but not least in the three podcasts I taped at the Rackspace Customer Event is my conversation with John Engates, Rackspace CTO. Like Lanham and Jonathan, John was a very approachable and likable guy. I checked out John’s presentation earlier in the day and then caught up with him in the afternoon to chat.
Take a listen:
The radiant John Engates.
Some of the Topics we tackle:
- John’s definition or “characteristics” of the cloud
- The various shades of the cloud and who plays where
- Why Amazon has gone with such geeky names e.g. EC2, S3, AWS
- Making the cloud accessible so that you don’t need a comp sci degree to use it
- The Microsoft announcement and why they’re a natural fit
- The founding and evolution of Mosso
- Combining hosting elements and cloud elements (Blueprint leverages both)
- The pitfalls of the cloud, real and perceived (and what is a “server hugger”)
Pau for now…