This morning at OSCON a special event was held to announce the launch of Kubernetes 1.0 (Google’s open source container management framework) as well as the introduction of the Cloud Native Computing foundation.
One of the key speakers at the event was Craig McLuckie of Google who is a founding member of Kubernetes’ team. Craig has also been working with the Linux Foundation to set up the Cloud Native Computing foundation.
I sat down with Craig for a quick chat regarding both of these efforts.
Some of the ground Craig covers:
- Craig’s role at Google and his relationship with Kubernetes
- Today’s announcement as it relates to both Kubernetes 1.0 and the Cloud Native Computing foundation.
- Where does Craig see Kubernetes going over the next year and what new workloads will it run
- As Kubernetes Hits 1.0, Google Donates Technology To Newly Formed Cloud Native Computing Foundation – TechCrunch
- Cloud Native Computing Foundation seeks to forge cloud and container unity – ZDNet
- Linux Foundation wrangles app container wranglers into new org – The Register
Pau for now…