This afternoon Matt Ray, Technical Evangelist for Opscode, stopped by Dell’s Round Rock HQ to brief a gaggle of folks on what they are up to. Cote arranged the visit as well as one last month with Puppet labs, which I unfortunately wasn’t able to make.
After Matt, with some help from teammates on the phone, briefed the Dell gang I grabbed some time with him to get the 5 minute Reader’s Digest version. Here is the result.
Some of the ground Matt covers:
- What are Opscode and Chef?
- How did they come to be?
- The hosted version of Chef (moving from EC2 to Rackspace)
- Crowbar: lending a helping hand
- What’s next for Opscode and what do they have up their sleeve for 2012?
- Matt’s Blog
- Structure: Learning about DevOps & Crowbar from Jesse Robbins
- Open source Crowbar code now available for Hadoop
- Crowbar: Where its been and where its going
Pau for now…