I’m getting near the end of the interviews that I did while at Hadoop World earlier this month, just one more after this (with Splunk’s CTO and co-founder).
Today’s entry features a talk I had with Nosh Petigara, director of product strategy at 10gen, the company behind MongoDB.
Some of the ground that Nosh covers
- Who is 10gen and what is MongoDB
- (0:29) How does Nosh define NoSQL
- (1:20) What use cases is Mongo best at
- (2:14) Some examples of customers using Mongo (foursquare, Disney and MTV) and what they’re using it for
- (3:08) How Mongo and Hadoop work together
- (4:03) Whats in Mongo’s future that Nosh is excited about
- Mongo Conference: MongoSV (Dec 9 in Silicon valley)
Pau for now…