In my last entry I featured a video with the Bing Maps imagery team. In it they talked about why they went with Dell’s Modular Data Center (MDC) to help power and process all the image data they crunch. For a deeper dive and a look at one of these babies from the inside join Ty Schmitt and Mark Bailey in the following video as they walk you through the MDC and how it works.
Some of the ground Ty and Mark cover
- The various modules that make up the MDC
- The topology of the system
- How the outside temperature dictates which of the three cooling methods is used
- The racks inside the MDC and how they were able to pull the fans out of the individual servers
- A closure look at the power module
- Case Study: Microsoft Bing Maps takes the fast route to image processing efficiency with Dell solutions
- Video: Bing Maps team on why they went with Dell
- Dell’s Modular Data Center powers Bing Maps
Pau for now…
[…] Barton George recently posted more details, including a YouTube tour of Bing’s 2.5 megawatt-capable site in Longmont, […]
In it they talked about why they went with Dell’s Modular Data Center (MDC) to help power and process all the image data they crunch.