A few weeks ago Michael Cote joined Dell from the excellent analyst firm, Redmonk which focuses on software and developers. Cote who spent five plus years with Redmonk has joined Dell in our corporate strategy group, focusing on software. I for one am very glad he’s here and feel that he’s joined at the right time in Dell’s trajectory to make a big impact.
I grabbed some time with him to get his initial thoughts and impressions. Here are his thoughts both witty and wise.
[Note: So there’s no confusion, this Michael Cote is Dell’s second Michael Cote. The first is the the former CEO of SecureWorks which Dell acquired.]
Some of the ground Cote covers:
- Intro: Man is it hot, Cote’s background
- (0:34) Why Cote made the move: going to the other side of the fence
- (1:55) What is his new position and what will he be doing: his cloudy focus
- (2:44) His first impressions: serious about solutions
- (5:18) What his big goal is while at Dell
- An Era Ends, An Era Begins – Stephen O’Grady, Redmonk
[…] just saw this video interview of ex-Redmonk analyst Michael Cote in a blog post from Barton George. Michael recently joined Dell's corporate strategy software group from Red Monk where he was […]
[…] I noticed Michael Cote, who has help educate many through his IT Management and Cloud podcast, joined Dell a few weeks ago. Categories : Tech News & Gossip, The […]