Last but not least in my series of interviews from last month’s Cloud Summit at OSCON I present to you my conversation with Simon Phipps. Simon, who until earlier this year was the chief Open Source officer at Sun Microsystems, recently joined the start-up ForgeRock as their chief strategy officer. Here is what Simon says:
Some of the topics Simon tackles:
- ForgeRock offers access management and authentication software based on open source code that was developed at Sun.
- Since the software is open source you can download it for free at ForgeRock.
- ForgeRock makes its money by selling subscriptions that provide various grades of SLAs.
- Even though they are 4 mos old, they already have 20 customers including the world’s largest gambling exchange.
Extra credit reading:
- ComputerWorld: Sun open source reborn in ForgeRock
- Simon’s regular blog for ComputerWorld UK: Simon Says
Pau for now…