Last but not least in my series of video’s from last month’s Cloud World/Open Source World I present to you Ken Oestreich, VP of Product marketing at Egenera. I grabbed some time with Ken to learn about Engenera, the cloud and how they’re working with Dell.
Some of the topics that Ken tackles:
- While a hypervisor abstracts software, Egenera’s PAN manager abstracts the “plumbing” e.g. NIC cards, switches, host bus adaptor cards etc.
- PAN manager allows you to consolidate networks, fail-over entire machines and, in the case of disaster recovery, recover and reproduce entire compute environments.
- Egenera is working with Dell in the form of the Dell PAN system to provide agility in your infrastructure.
- This Infrastructure as a Service system can be used inside or outside your firewall.
- What developments Ken is most excited about in the upcoming year.
- News from last Friday: Egenera Partners With Dell For Data Center In A Box
Pau for now…