Today we are happy to announce, that the Dell Precision 5720, a 27” All-in-One workstation class machine is available for purchase. The system can be ordered preloaded with either Ubuntu 16.04, RHEL 7.3 or Windows 10.
What were they thinking
When the team designed the 5720, they focused on the front of screen experience with the 27” 4K UHD display, support for multiple displays out, and an integrated high-end sound bar that delivers best in class audio in an AIO, no need for added speakers.
Also supported are the latest generation Intel CPUs, including an option for Xeon CPUs, as well as the latest AMD Radeon Pro professional graphics.
The Precision line roll out
The availability of the 5270 marks the last of the Ubuntu-based Precision mobile workstations announced back in January. In January, the Precision 5520, the world’s thinnest and lightest 15” mobile workstation and Precision 3520, an affordable and fully customizable 15” mobile workstation were available for purchase. Under the heading, “coming soon,” were the 7720 the 7520 and, new to the lineup, the 5720 All-in-One.
Two weeks ago the world’s most powerful 15″ and 17″ laptops, the Precision 7520, and the Precision 7720 became available. These two brawny brothers debuted in two flavors, Ubuntu and Windows (drivers are also available for RHEL 7.3).
A look at the Precision line thanks to LAS
The week before last, Chris Fisher and Noah Chelliah of the Linux Action Show made their way from the Pacific Northwest to Dell. Besides recording LAS on site, Chris and Noah conducted a bunch of interviews. The episode above is the first of two. In this episode you not only get to learn about Dell’s Linux-powered coffee machine but you get an overview of the Precision line of systems.
The Dell segment starts at 35:36 and the overview of the Precision line, starting with the new 5720 All-in-One, begins at 37:20. When you get to the part about the 7720, which starts at around $1,699, you’ll learn what you get if you decide to drop $10K and max it out.
[If you’re interested, here’s second LAS — Dell’s Secret Sauce | Linux Action Show 465]
How to get the Ubuntu or RHEL flavors
To get the preloaded Ubuntu or RHEL versions of the 5720, simply head to the landing page. Once there, click on the green “Customize & Buy” button on the right. This will take you to the “Select Components” page where under “Operating System” you can choose either Ubuntu 16.04, RHEL 7.3 or Windows and away you go!
- Order here: The Dell Precision 5720, 27” All-in-One workstation class machine
- Dell’s Secret Sauce | Linux Action Show 465
- Dell Precision 5520 is a beauty and a beast, This the best laptop for Linux power users — CIO
- Dell Launches World’s Most Powerful 15″ and 17″ Laptops Powered by Ubuntu Linux – Softpedia
- Dell lancia cinque nuovi sistemi Linux — Techninja
- Five new systems join Dell XPS 13 Developer Edition that come with Ubuntu pre-installed — Linux Magazine
- Dell doubles down on high-end Ubuntu Linux laptops – ZDnet
- Why Dell’s gamble on Linux laptops has paid off – TechRadar
- Dell lanza nuevo Precision con Ubuntu y no será el único – SYSGURU
- PODCAST: Jan-17-2017, Dell Linux Hardware w/Barton George – The Lunduke Hour
- PODCAST: Project Sputnik Interview | LINUX Unplugged 179
- Welcome the new Ubuntu-based Precision line-up – Ubuntu insights
- Dell’s new Precision mobile workstation PCs available with Ubuntu or Windows – Liliputing
- Dell lanza nuevo Precision con Ubuntu y no será el único – muylinux
Pau for now…