Today we’d like to announce that the new XPS 13 developer edition (7390) will soon be available in the US, Canada and Europe. The new developer edition, based on Intel’s 10th Gen Core™ U series processors, is part of Dell’s new consumer PC portfolio that is being unveiled today.
These systems represent the 9th generation of the XPS 13 developer edition and will come with the Killer™ AX1650 (2×2) built on Intel WiFi 6 Chipset. The new 7390 systems will co-exist alongside the current 9380 XPS 13 developer edition.
The first wave of the new XPS 13 developer editions will debut on September 5th in both the US and Europe and will be based on the 10th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-10210U processor (the systems will be available two weeks later in Canada).
In October the lineup will more than quadruple with the addition of systems based on Intel’s 10th Gen Core™ U series processors — with i7 hexacore along with additional i5-based systems.
Project Sputnik rolls on
The XPS 13 developer edition is the cornerstone offering in the Project Sputnik portfolio. If you’re not familiar with it, Project Sputnik was kicked off nearly seven years ago with the goal of creating an offering driven by input from the developer community. Sputnik began as an exploratory effort but thanks to the interest and passion of the community the project became a product. The system being announced today, the 7390, represents the 9th generation of that initial offering.
- Processor Options
- 10th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-10210U processor (4 cores)
- 10th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-10710U processor (6 cores)
- Ubuntu 18.04 LTS preloaded
- Killer™ AX1650 (2×2) built on Intel WiFi 6 Chipset + Bluetooth 5.0
- InfinityEdge display with top camera placement
- FHD and UHD resolution support
- Up to 16GB of LPDDR3 memory at 2133MHz
- 2x Thunderbolt™ 3 [DisplayPort / power delivery (4 lanes of PCI Express Gen 3)]
The new XPS 13 developer edition will be available online in both the “For Work” and “For Home” sections* in the following European countries:
- Belgium (Dutch and French)
- Switzerland (German and French)
- The Netherlands
- The United Kingdom
*Note: In the US and Canada the developer edition is only available in the “For Work” section
Over the next couple of months the new XPS 13 developer edition line up will unfurl. Watch this space for more news!
Pau for now…