Last but not least in my series of interviews from SpringOne Platform stars Brain Roche of EMC. Brian heads up engineering for EMC Dojo, headquartered in Cambridge Massachusetts. The dojo, which has been around for a year, teaches modern software development practices based on DevOps and focuses on Cloud Foundry.
Take a listen as Brian talks about the dojo, how it works and where it’s going.
Some of the ground Brian covers
- Teaching pair programming, extreme programming and more with the goal of showing customers and partners how to rapidly deliver software in the modern world to better serve customers.
- Qualifying as a Cloud Foundry dojo by contributing to a Cloud Foundry sanctioned open source project.
- The dojo’s qualifying project is RackHD which acts as a cloud provider interface, providing and management and orchestration layer to run Cloud Foundry on bare metal.
- The goals for the dojo going forward including expansion and evangelism.
- EMC Dojo on Github
- EMC Dojo Blog
- EMC Is Pumping $10M Into Open Source, Launching Dev Program in Cambridge – BostonInno
- RackHD — Storage kingpin EMC is open-sourcing software to manage and orchestrate server deployment – Fortune
- An Interview with Cloud Foundry Foundation’s CEO, Sam Ramji – Barton’s Blog
Pau for now…