Some of the ground Rob covers
- How he’s taking what he did at Dell (Crowbar) and taking it beyond physical provisioning and automation.
- V3 is now called DigitalRebar Composable operations – the company name is RackN
- Allows you to build up a “ready state” on the infrastructure and then can bring in Ceph or Kubernetes, OpenStack, Mesoshpere…
- What companies they’re working with and where they seem themselves going – composable operations and addressing the “fidelity gap” – taking the same work from start to scale and addressing the deployment hassles
- KubeCon: Learning about VMware’s Photon Controller – Barton’s blog
- KubeCon: Google Kubernete’s new community lead: Sarah Novotny – Barton’s blog
- KubeCon: Red Hat launches OpenShift v3.1, full of Docker/Kubernetes goodness – Barton’s blog
- KubeCon: Learning about Joyent and Triton, the elastic container infrastructure – Barton’s blog
- KubeCon: The latest about CoreOS and Tectonic – Barton’s blog
- KubeCon: Talking to ClusterHQ founder about Flocker and the Dell storage plugin
- KubeCon: Covering Mesos and Mesosphere
Pau for now..