The weekend before last, the Major League Hacking crew helped put on a hackathon at the University of Texas. The event drew over 700 students organized into close to 100 teams.
Major League Hacking, which Dell helps power, is the official collegiate hackathon league and puts on more than 50 hackathons across the US, UK, and Canada per semester.
In advance of the event I got to have lunch with MLH’s commissioner, Mike Swift along with co-founder Jon Gottfried. After we ate I grabbed some time with the duo to learn what MLH is all about.
Some of the ground Swift and Jon cover:
- What is Major League Hacking and what’s a hackathon?
- How did Dell get involved and what role did project Sputnik play?
- How the U Penn hackathon beat out the triple deterrents of Valentines Day, the release of House of Cards and two feet of snow
- MLH’s plans for global domination
- The power of learning from fellow students and the community
Pau for now…