In my last entry, I featured an interview with SaltStack, the newbie in the infrastructure automation and configuration management space. Today’s interview is with the man who started it all back in the 90’s, Mark Burgess, Founder and CTO of CFEngine.
Some of the ground Mark covers
- How it all began a couple of decades ago at the University of Oslo
- As scale has increased over the last twenty years, how has CFEngine kept pace
- Inducted in JP Morgan’s Hall of Technology and how JP Morgan uses CFEngine
- How does CFEngine differ from the other configuration management tools? (hint: think model-based frameworks)
- What does the next year hold for CFEngine
Pau for now…