The next in my series of interviews from last month’s OSCON features the ever affable Neil Levine of Inktank. Neil, who has been with the company nearly a year, heads up product management and we talked about Ceph, the company and where its going.
Warning: I used Youtube’s feature that is supposed to fix shaking and the result gives the video a hallucinogenic feel (Timothy Leary would approve).
Some of the ground that Neil covers:
- Inktank as the primary sponsor of Ceph, a scale-out open source software defined storage solution
- Other similar solutions
- Selling to cloud devops teams rather than traditional storage teams
- What’s next? tiering, deeper integration with OpenStack, pushing out more APIs to build up their dev community etc.
- Press Release: University of Hawaii at Manoa Deploys Ceph Storage With OpenStack
- OSCON 2013 – My video playlist: Enstratius, Dasein, Citrix, Mark Hinkle’s keynote, Apigee, Inktank, OpenShift, AppDynamics and Puppet
Pau for now….