Today Dell is announcing that it is continuing to put its money where its mouth is when it comes to its transformation into a solutions provider, this time to the tune of $1 Billion. The goal of this investment, which is being made this year, is to provide customers with a complete set of resources and services to enable business agility, efficiencies and competitive advantage.
Specifically Dell is announcing:
- Cloud Data Centers: The building of multiple cloud data centers around the world that will allow customers to take advantage of such offerings as Infrastructure as a Service, Desktop as a Service, Storage as a Service and IT outsourcing.
- Global Solutions Centers: The creation of a network of global solutions centers to help customers architect, validate and build the efficient enterprise from the data center to the edge of the network.
- New Solutions: New open, capable and affordable solutions for data management, client virtualization and data center virtualization:
- Dell vStart: a single unit infrastructure solution that runs 100 to 200 vm’s and comes racked and cabled from the Dell factory.
- Dell|Microsoft management and virtualization solutions partnership to deliver integrated management solutions made up of Dell’s Virtual Integrated System, our Advanced Infrastructure Manager and Microsoft’s System Center.
- Dell Email and File Archive Solutions
- Dell Desktop Virtualization Solutions
A little more detail:
Next generation cloud data centers
Over the next 24 months Dell is building out a host of cloud data centers around the world. Rather than old-school, giant raised-floor data centers these cloud data centers will be much smaller (approximately 10,000 square feet), more efficient and designed to take advantage of modular, hyper-scale and high-density principles. Dell’s modular strategy will let the company quickly expand capabilities as demand grows.
These data centers will feature private, public and hybrid cloud options. They will provide the foundation for Dell’s next generation services and solutions and offer IaaS, and SaaS capabilities as well as IT outsourcing for customers.
Global solutions center network
This year Dell will open 12 Global Solutions centers and is planning ten more over the next 18 months. These centers are customer facing facilities that will act as a “living lab” providing an environment and the support for customers to architect, build and test proof of concepts involving Dell products, services and solutions. The centers will also support solution integration, technical briefings and validation and ISV certification to meet regional requirements.
Starting with the upgrading of the existing Austin, Limerick and Frankfurt centers, further facilities will be opened this year in the Americas (Washington DC, Chicago, Northern California and Brazil), APJ (Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo and Sydney) and EMEA (Paris).
With today’s announcement Dell his taken its evolution into a services and solutions company and kicked it up a notch. In the “Virtual Era” technology is rapidly changing and it along with new delivery models such as cloud are changing the way businesses operate and create advantage. Through its cloud and solution centers and new solution offerings Dell is bringing new ways to help customers harness and leverage these changes.
Pau for now…
[…] in Austin By clubmzextremecellphonespy Back in April, Dell announced that it was making a billion dollar investment to further drive its evolution from a systems to a services company. Specifically we talked about […]
[…] in April, Dell announced that it was making a billion dollar investment to further drive its evolution from a systems to a services company. Specifically we talked about […]