They say turn around is fair play. Kevin Hazard of the Planet recently took this literally. No sooner had I finished interviewing him at the Cloud Expo in Santa Clara then he turned around and pointed his camera at me. He got me talking about the cloud and what the heck Dell’s doing in it.
Some of the topics I tackle:
- What I do as Dell’s Cloud Evangelist.
- Where Dell plays in the cloud:
- Cloud based services providing IT management as a service.
- Building these capabilities through the acquisition of four companies over the last two years: MessageOne, ASAP, Everdream and Silverback.
- Creating custom servers as well as providing data center design and implementation for some of the world’s largest “hyper-scale” customers e.g. Microsoft’s Azure and three out of the top five search engines in the U.S.
- What’s next: building on this experience to offer integrated cloud solutions for setting up private and public clouds. Combining Dell hardware and services with best of breed software — all coming from/supported by Dell.
- My thoughts on Public vs. Private clouds and how we will end up with a mix of computing models.
Extra Credit Reading
- MSPmentor’s take on my interview
Pau for now…