On Friday I grabbed lunch with Geoff Tudor, SVP of business development and co-founder of Nirvanix . After they cleared the plates I talked to Geoff about what Nirvanix does and where he saw cloud storage heading.
Some of the topics Geoff tackles:
- Providing cloud storage for the enterprise from five data centers around the world that are pooled and presented as one large global file server.
- The Nirvanix “secret sauce”: the file virtualization layer that sits on top of pooled/virtualized commodity storage.
- How Nirvanix’s offering is different than Amazon’s S3 (hint: one’s targeted at enterprises and one’s targeted at developers)
- Customers such as the NASA/ASU library which is the largest cloud storage use ever and stores images from the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter camera.
- Security and how Nirvanix addresses customer’s concerns.
- What Geoff sees in the future for cloud storage.
Pau for now…