Last Friday I got together with Michael Cote of Red Monk and John Willis of Canonical for a podcast. We met up at a nearby coffee shop and chatted about a whole bunch o’ stuff.
You can listen to the actual podcast on Cote’s blog.
Some of the topics we tackle:
- What I’ll be doing at Dell as Cloud Evangelist.
- Dell’s cloud building business, focused on a small group of hyper-scale customers (Azure and Facebook being a couple I can name), delivering a high volume of highly customized machines for these customers.
- Some of the learnings we’ve gained with working with this group.
- Our intent to take this effort to a much wider group of customers and offer complete cloud solutions made up of hardware, third party software, a reference architecture and services.
- Dell’s other major cloud effort: providing Support services as a service.
- Recent industry events and upcoming cloud conferences.
- And last, but not least, John and Cote introduce me to the wild and wonderful world of Pokens.
Pau for now..
Thanks for being on, it was fun 😉
[…] out Barton’s show notes as well, more detailed to the Dell […]