With today’s post we are five interviews into the videos I took at Kubecon with three remaining.
Today’s interviewee is Rob Szumski, one of the early employees of CoreOS. Rob explains CoreOS, Tectonic and where CoreOS is going from here.
Some of the ground Rob covers
- CoreOS began as an operating system for large scale clusters and how Docker came around at just the right time and worked with CoreOS
- CoreOS as the original micro OS
- The components of Tectonic – How you should deploy your containers, on top of: kubernetes, flannel, coreOS, etc; it also comes with support and architectural help
- Whats on tap for CoreOS and Tectonic – tools and more
- KubeCon: Learning about VMware’s Photon Controller – Barton’s blog
- KubeCon: Google Kubernete’s new community lead: Sarah Novotny – Barton’s blog
- KubeCon: Red Hat launches OpenShift v3.1, full of Docker/Kubernetes goodness – Barton’s blog
- KubeCon: Learning about Joyent and Triton, the elastic container infrastructure
Pau for now…