This is the 26th year of the SXSW (South by Southwest), the annual music, film, and interactive conference. Everybody whose anybody, and even a few who aren’t, are here. Yesterday the 10-day event kicked off. As a company, Dell is a big participant and sponsor from panels, to music lounges, to an entrepreneur’s UnConference, to education, to gaming.
As for the Web|Tech vertical we have taken our own guerrilla approach to participation in this shindig in our own backyard. Besides going to parties that customers and partners are throwing, Cote and I have organized a series of informal “chill and chat” meet ups for developers and tech types.
Last night we held our first soiree at Opal Divines. Here is a mini-montage I made featuring a few of the attendees:
I asked the folks to say who they are, where they’re from, who they work for and what they hope to get out of SXSW.
- Nosh Petigara of 10gen, from NYC
- Michael Cote of Dell, from Austin
- Rob Smith of 3M, from Minnesota
- Maggie Fox of Social Media Group, from Toronto
- Charlie Wood of Spanning cloud apps, from Austin
Our next events
If you’re around here’s where we’ll be tonight and tomorrow:
- Saturday, March 10th 7-9:00pm – Speakeasy – Downstairs (412 Congress Avenue, Austin, TX)
- Sunday, March 11th 5:30-7:30pm – Hilton Bar (Finn and Porter) (500 East 4th Street, Austin, TX)
- Dell Officially Launches Web|Tech vertical — the 100 second overview
- The World of Web and Developers, getting to know it better
Pau for now…