For your reference, here are the details around the fixes:
- Keyboard repeat: The unwanted keyboard repeat issue is being addressed via BIOS updates. The A05 BIOS update had some improvements however the as of yet unreleased A06 version will have the final fix in place. Keep an eye on the Dell support page at the below link to see when BIOS revision A06 is released. http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/xps-13-9343-laptop/drivers/advanced?rvps=y
- Suspend resume and trackpad cursor freezing: The suspend resume issue and trackpad cursor freezing issue have been rolled up into “over the air” updates from Canonical. We previously had patches that were available through Dell Knowledgebase articles but will no longer be necessary. Going forward you only need to ensure your OS is fully updated to have these fixes in place.
- Out of box crashing: The out of box experience crashing issue has been fixed through a change to the Ubuntu image put on the systems at the factory. All future systems shipped will no longer have this issue from the factory.
- DisplayLink driver available: There is now a DisplayLink driver available to make the XPS 13 and M3800 developer editions compatible with our D3000 and D3100 USB 3.0 docking stations as well as the DA100 external video adapter. You can download the driver at the below link. http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/ubuntu.php
- Kernel panics when switching wireless networks: there is a bug report filed for this and Canonical and Broadcom are both working on this. Canonical released a PPA, just go to the following link and add it to your repositories and then you can get the patch after running your normal updates. https://launchpad.net/~inaddy/+archive/ubuntu/lp1415880
- Wireless channels 12 and 13: Some customers in Europe might see an issue where they are unable to connect to wireless channels 12 and 13. If you are experiencing this issue call into Dell support to get help with this issue. http://www.dell.com/support/contents/us/en/19/article/Contact-Information/International-Support-Services/international-contact-center?ref=contactus
Thanks all for your patience and support!
Pau for now…