Last week was DevOps Days here in Austin and I conducted a bunch of interviews. On Friday I shared an interview with Andrew Clay Shafer who gave the first-day keynote.
The next three interviews I’ll be posting deal with configuration management tools. Im going to kick off the topic with an interview with Lindsey Smith who recently joined Puppet labs and is the product owner for Puppet Enterprise:
Some of the ground Lindsey covers:
- Why Lindsey decided to join Puppet Labs
- Lindsey’s open source and enterprise background e.g. invis inspector
- How Puppet Open Source and Puppet Enterprise differ e.g. Event inspector
- What’s coming up in Puppet Enterprise e.g. manifest ordering, supported modules etc.
- LittleIdea: No true DevOps (but we do have Samurai) — DevOps Days Austin