Today’s topic, taken from the Application think tank held by Dell Services early this year, is application rationalization. Take a listen as Ranga Jayaraman, Associate Dean and CIO of the Graduate School of Business at Stanford talks about the importance of application rationalization and shifting the way you do development.
The bottom line is if you are not pursuing an aggressive application rationalization strategy, you should be. As Ranga suggests, you also need to be taking a hard look at how you are doing development.
Tomorrow, tune in to hear how Intel turns its applications into services.
The Think Tank, Sessions one and two
- Think Tank Session 1– Welcome to the application-centric world – best practices in the ‘greenfield’
- Think tank Session 2– Nexus of forces – CIOs under pressure and the rise of the enterprise developer
Extra-credit reading (previous videos)
- App Think Tank: Key application policies at Intel and American Cancer Society
- App Think Tank: Open Source all the way
- App Think Tank: The skills the CIO of the future needs
- App Think Tank: The skills and people IT needs most
- App Think Tank: What a CIO must do
- App Think Tank: What do customers expect
- App Think Tank: IT is facing competition for the first time ever
- App Think Tank: The persistently, ubiquitously connected to the network era
- App Think Tank: The Web Of C-Level Relationships
Pau for now…