Today at a press conference in San Francisco we announced the general availability of our Dell cloud solutions. One of the solutions we debuted was the Dell Cloud Solution for Data Analytics, a combination of our PowerEdge C servers with Aster Data’s nCluster, a massively parallel processing database with an integrated analytics engine.
Earlier this week I stopped by Aster Data‘s headquarters in San Carlos, CA and met up with their EVP of marketing, Sharmila Mulligan. I recorded the video above where Sharmila discusses the Dell and Aster solution and the fantastic results a customer is seeing with it.
Some of the ground Sharmila covers:
- What customer pain points and problems does this solution address (hint: organizations trying to manage huge amounts of both structured and unstructured data)
- How Aster’s nCluster software is optimized for Dell PowerEdge C2100 and how it provides very high performance analytics as well as a cost effective way to store very large data.
- (2:21) InsightExpress, a leading provider of digital marketing research solutions, has deployed the Dell and Aster analytics solution and has seen great results:
- Up and running w/in 6 weeks
- Queries that took 7-9 minutes now run in 3 seconds
Pau for now…
- Aster Data and Dell Partner to Provide Customers with Integrated Solutions for Large Scale Data Management and Advanced Analytics
- Aster Data and Dell Selected by InsightExpress to Enable Advanced Data Analytics for Digital Marketing Research
- An Overview: Aster’s Big Data Architecture